With school starting already for many students and the rest starting within the next week or two, we start turning our thoughts to cooler days and tasty treats using such fall staples as apples, pumpkin, and warm spices.
This is a tasty, easy-to-make treat that even adults will enjoy. Actually, I liked this recipe more than my kids did 😉 It’s amazing!!
Apple Pie Gummies
3-4 organic apples, peeled and sliced
1 cup filtered water
1-2 Tbs. raw honey
¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp. ground ginger
½ tsp. lemon zest
3 Tbs. gelatin (I use Great Lakes gelatin – “the one in the red can”)
½ cup cold filtered water
- Sprinkle the gelatin over ½ cup cold water.
- Bring the apples and water to a gentle boil, reduce heat and simmer x10 minutes. Puree in your blender.
- Add the pureed apples to honey, cinnamon, and ginger, and heat on low along with gelatin to dissolve (only heat until dissolved). Remove from heat and add lemon zest.
- Pour into 8×8 lightly greased glass pan and refrigerate until set.
- After it is firm, cut into 1” squares. Store in the fridge.